Many people start the year with a list of resolutions. Generally speaking, a good number of resolutions focus on external health and wellness, such going to the gym, eating healthier, and the like. But what if you resolved to do something different?
This year, resolve to do 23 things that feed you every day, every week, every month, or even spread out over the year. It’s 23 in ’23.
Here’s a list of ideas to get you started. And remember, the goal is not to focus on the number 23 (No need to watch the clock!), but instead to find ways to feed your soul. Be kind, get outside, and enjoy each and every day.
- Devote 23 minutes (or more!) to quality Qigong practice every day. You’ll start to see a difference by the end of the month.
- Walk away from your computer every 23 (or so) minutes for an eye and brain break.
- Spend 23 minutes (or more!) walking outside, breathing in the fresh air. Nature is healing and rejuvenating!
- Get lost in a book for 23 minutes (or more!) every day.
- Write a list of your 23+ best attributes.
- Keep a list of one nice thing that happens to you every day for 23 days. Even if you have a particularly tough day, look for the good, no matter how small or insignificant it may seem. Reread your list whenever you need a pick-me-up.
- Find 23+ ways to be kind. This could be as simple as smiling at a neighbor, helping your teen with a problem, or giving yourself a compliment. Yes, you deserve your kindness, too!
- Focus on the little moments this year. (They’re bound to add up to at least 23!) Slow down and take the time to truly see the moments that are so easy to miss, and then snuggle in and enjoy the effect of your actions in motion.