If you are planning to get the Covid vaccine, this information may help you avoid some side effects.
When a virus enters the body, the immune system goes into action and begins a defensive process. This process allows the body time to naturally build up defenses. A vaccine, on the other had, pushes the immune system in an unnatural manner to fight that which is unfamiliar, which puts additional stress on its abilities. In other words, there has been no time for the body to prepare for this foreign entity.
This post is not advice on whether to get vaccinated or not, rather some guidance on how to prepare the body, should you decide to get the vaccine.
Support your immune system so it has time to become more alert.
Think about your immune system as your first line of defense, willing to fight for your well-being. Here are some tips:
- Rest: Give the body resources to build immunities. Never get a vaccine when you don’t feel well.
- Qigong: Practice the form shown in the video below and commit to practicing it several times a day. Include a practice of our standing meditation, The Dragon Stands Between Heaven and Earth.
- Herbs: Consult with your herbalist or acupuncturist to give your body a boost with herbal supplements.
- Warming Foods: Drink a tea of ginger, cinnamon and apple cider daily. Here’s a simple recipe. Include soups in your diet.
- Magical Ginger: This warming tea contains astragalus and will support your immune system. It’s great for children as well.
Want to hear more about what Grand Master Nan Lu has to say? Visit our blog every day this week for Covid-related tips, TCM-style.
Can’t wait? Find The Secret to Happiness.
Inspired by Grand Master Nan Lu’s messages? Join one of our upcoming virtual programs.