This Father’s Day, as you celebrate all of the incredible father figures in your life, give them the gift of good health. Share these tips for a healthier, happier year ahead.
1. Gain Perspective: Everything is energy. When the body expresses a symptom, it is communicating that its energy is unbalanced. Men commonly experience back, neck, heel/foot and knee pain, as well as sports injuries, urinary problems and prostate or sexual function problems. From an Eastern perspective, these health concerns are related to Kidney function. They can be prevented by introducing Chinese medicine practices.
2. Read: Enjoy this 2-part series on men’s health. Information and suggestions stem from Eastern practices that directly impact men’s health issues.
- Place your hands on your lower back. Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart.
- Raise your left foot and then kick backward gently with your heel. As you kick backward, you should feel a stretch through the back of your leg.
- Relax your foot and bring it up so it is parallel with the floor.
- Gently lower your foot and kick backward again without touching the floor.
- Count slowly: 1-bring up, 2-kick back, 3-bring up, 4-kick back; 2-2-3-4; 3-2-3-4; and so on until 8-2-3-4. Each grouping of 8 counts as 1 set. Complete 3 sets with the left leg. Then repeat with the right leg.
- If you are unsteady, hold onto a chair for support.