At the start of the new year, we all want to feel our very best—to set the stage for a fresh start. Because when you feel good, you look good. After all, the outside is a reflection of what’s happening inside.
So follow these tips for a smooth transition into 2019:
1. Simplify your plate: Start the new year by cutting back on heavy foods. Slowly reduce your intake of meat and bread, adding warming soups, vegetables and fruit to your diet. Join our Winter Soup Cleanse with Grand Master Lu, beginning January 13.
2. Simplify your day: Assess your daily routine. Where do you have energy leaks? What can you delegate to someone else? Commit to cutting back on one thing every day. Use that extra time to refresh and regrow your spirit.
3. Delve inward: Sit quietly mid-day, each day for 5 minutes. If you’ve participated in one of our seasonal programs, choose a favorite Qigong posture and practice it for 15 minutes a day.
4. See the good around you: As you go through your day, choose to see the good. It may be hard to do at times, but if you look hard enough, you’ll see that a change in perspective can bring out the good in every situation.
5. See the good within you: Always look for the good in yourself. If you’ve made mistakes in the past, learn to let them go and forgive yourself. You’re human; you’ve made mistakes—we all have. Allow yourself to move on and begin your year of health, vitality, and promise.