“I don’t feel great.” “I’m just so tired.” Have you experienced this feeling for days or even weeks on end? Have you tried to figure out the cause of your symptoms, just to be left feeling even more run-down? You don’t need to live this way. Your life is meant to be happy and joyous. Your body is meant to be healthy and free.
The body is a powerful vessel navigating through life. Sometimes that life is happy and peaceful, and our body responds in turn. But at other times, we trod through mine fields of work, family life, stress, processed, genetically modified foods, and emotions that run at extremes. So what can be done? How can we help our bodies respond positively to the negative energies we throw at them?
Over the next few weeks, we will share our perspective on boosting the body, mind, and spirit. We’ll start with food—that’s the easiest way to make an immediate shift.
Begin with these simple suggestions:
- Take a Good Look: Evaluate your daily eating style. Simply recognize what and how you eat.
- Fresh, Seasonal & Organic is Best: Shop for fresh foods that can easily be sautéed, baked or made into a soup. Include seasonal foods such as broccoli, cauliflower, cabbage, Brussels sprouts, celery, eggplant, apples, dates, bananas, lemon and fish. And remember, organic is best.
- Cut the Sweets: Sugar causes inflammation and weakens the immune system.
- Warm It Up: Start each day with a cup of warm tea. Wean yourself off salads and smoothies that include raw veggies.
- It’s All in the Beans: Try drinking dark roasted coffee instead of medium or light roasted.
Take note of how you feel in body, mind, and spirit. Are you feeling lighter? Is your head clearer?
While food is an easy source of energy, there are obstacles toward getting quality food. Begin by purchasing in season organic if possible. If not look for non-genetically modified foods. Stay away from fast foods. Anything that fast, does not contain “information” that the body will readily use for energy.
If you like these suggestions, join us for the 7-Day Journey to Immune Health. See what Grand Master Lu has in store! The eating portion of this program will teach you how to choose foods that allow the body to harmonize with nature, with a focus on an anti-cancer diet. A portion of the proceeds from the 7-day program will be donated to hurricane victims through “Feeding America.” Thank you for your participation.
Join us next Friday for Part 2 of this series. Learn how to increase your energy by assessing your lifestyle.